Rules & Safety/Guidelines
- The following rules and guidelines are intended to help create a fun and safe event for all participants.
- Participants must abide by all instructions given from the race director, race staff, volunteers and medical personnel.
- Participants understand and acknowledge The Dirty U can be an extreme event and accept all risks associated with the event.
- Participants must be physically able to complete the course. If for whatever reason you are unable to complete any part of the course that is ok.
- Participants must wear the provided The Dirty U bib number clearly shown on the front. No participant will be allowed to race without an official bib number.
- Several videographers and photographers are stationed throughout the course. Participants agree to allow the event producer to use any pictures or video footage of the event for future The Dirty U promotional purposes.
- In-line skates, bicycles, skateboards or any other type of wheeled device are strictly prohibited on the course. Baby Strollers are ok to use.
- Urinating or defecating on or anywhere near the course is strictly prohibited.
- Registration is closed when the maximum capacity is reached.
- The Dirty U medical personnel may examine any participant who appears to be injured or suffering. The medical personnel may remove any participant from the event if in the opinion of the medical personnel the participant needs to be removed.
- Participants assume all responsibility for all medical expenses incurred as a result of training and/or participating in The Dirty U, including but not limited to hospitalization, ambulance transportation or physician services.
- The event producers reserve the right to cancel or delay the race due to severe weather or in the event of a disaster.
- We highly recommend participants wear running shoes. Participants should dress appropriately. Even though we are hoping for good weather, participants and spectators should bring warm clothes. It is better to dress in layers in order to stay warm. Bring a change of clothes and a towel for after the run.
WHAT TO BRING
- Appropriate foot-ware is highly recommended!
- Photo ID
- Please read our participant waiver. CLICK HERE to view. You will initial our waiver when you register and so there is no need to print this form and you don’t need to bring a signed copy with you.
- The Dirty U positive attitude and smile.
- Dogs are welcome to come as long as they are on a leash and you clean up after them. Please remember that they will be going through 4 color stations and even though our color is safe, non-toxic and biodegradable, you assume all responsibility and risk for your pet.
- Your best beavered –out costume.
There will be prizes/awards for: best team name, largest team and best costume!
WHAT TO LEAVE AT HOME
- No outside alcoholic beverages will be allowed.
- No glass containers will be allowed.
- No bad attitudes allowed. Our security is pretty tough and you don’t want to be the one person escorted off premises for a bad attitude.
Spectators are more than welcome to join the day of festivities.
Chance to watch friends and family on the course
Be prepared though….you will more than likely receive a big The Dirty U hug from some of your friends and family participants.
**For questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 503-593-6276
**Last day to register on line will be Friday, October 14th
**Day of registration is limited to the first 100 participants.
**First Heat Starts at 10:00am at the U of O Rec Center (1320 E. 15th Ave. Eugene, OR), Post-Race Tailgater at the Wild Duck (1419 Villard St. Eugene, OR) at 11:30am.
**Packet pick-up will be at the Sports Authority at the Valley River Center Mall On Thursday, October 13th from 12:00pm-6:00pm AND Saturday, October 15th from 8:00am-9:30am at the starting line.
**Parking is very limited so please car pool. Parking will be anywhere around campus that you can find a spot (not on the course). Course map is available under the “Location” tab.